Avo Sushi Bowl
- Sushi rice
- 2 Nori sheets
- Vegan mayo (We used b-well creamy mayo)
- Sesame seeds
- Various sprouts
- Maple syrup
- Rice wine vinegar
- Soy sauce
If you would like to find these eastern ingredients at a reasonable price, we suggest you go to a Chinese supermarket. Their product is much cheaper and much fresher.
For the rice
- Heat up a pan on medium high heat and heat the nori sheets individually on each side until the sheet is crispy enough to crumble up
- Rinse the rice in cold water until the water runs clear; then bring a pot of water to boil (enough to cover the rice)
- Add the rice to the pot, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 20 min or until water is absorbed
- Once the rice is done cooking, add one tablespoon of maple syrup and one tablespoon of rice vinegar to the rice and finally fluff up the rice with a fork to mix it all together
For the bowl
- Peel and julienne the cucumber
- Peel and shave the carrots into ribbons
- Chop the avocado in cubes, we personally prefer smaller cubes so that it can be mixed around the dish
- To serve, grab a bowl and fill it half way with your rice. Add your cucumber, carrots and avocado into the bowl. Finally top off the sushi bowl with some spouts and a dollop of mayo!
- For serving you can drizzle some soy sauce into the bowl and mix some wasabi in too!